P S Consultants
&Training Services Limited
We provide a wide variety of training courses designed to build capability in the management and operation of tenant organisations covering specific topics such as governance, law and regulation as well as more general areas such as meeting and interviewing skills.
Board Training Day. Throughout autumn 2008 we carried out a programme of board training for the Dale and Valley Homes Arms Length Management Organisation.
Training topics have included;
• Organisation and Governance
• The Legal Responsibilities of Board Members
• Best Value + Housing Key Lines of Enquiry
• Management Agreements
• Working as a Team
New East Manchester. Christine Bailey of PSC worked intensively with residents in the Clayton West neighbourhood and Ashton New Road North and South groups as part of the extensive New East Manchester Regeneration Company’s Neighbourhood Regeneration Programme. Christine supported the resident groups in their input in a neighbourhood planning process that centred on the provision of new housing but also included broader considerations on community and other infrastructure provision, as well as transport and other related issues
Other Training Courses.
• Tenant Participation Compacts
• Housing Association Governance
• Best Value
• Planning for Major Repairs and Improvements
• Rents and Arrears
• Stock Transfer Issues for Tenants and Landlords
• Allocations and Lettings
• Running Campaigns and Ballots
• Options for Tenant Involvement and Control
• Developing Management Agreements
• The 'Housing Plus' Agenda for Registered Social Landlords